Final entry

Hi everyone, welcome one last time to my English Didactics II blog馃ズ

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend our last class last Thursday, I was working as an interpreter for a very special event but I can tell that everyone had great time on the last two lessons by the last groups.

One of my classmates was kind enough to keep me updated on what was happening in real time (Shoutout to Josh馃榿) So even though I was not there, I still was able to experience the lessons with the photos that he sent me.

The first one was Diana's group with their listening lesson and their warm up activity was "Ahorcado" and they incorporated vocabulary regarding classroom objects, I could tell it was really fun.


Then they did a recap about the previous topics like numbers, the time, there is and there are and the daily routine as well.



Then it was Eli's groups' turn with their reading lesson, they incorporated many activities.

Eli started with a game where students had to guess the time on the clock she brought for the lesson, it was nice to see her after a while:)

They taught new vocabulary about time and I think students must have found that really interesting, learning expressions like "Time flies" or "Once in a while". Then they proceeded to the reading activity and they provided the students with a passage, they incorporated different hours so students could review the topic about telling the time.



The lessons came to an end and it was time for everyone to say goodbye, the students who were with us during these 2 months recieved some gifts and I think they really appreciated it and it is definitely kind of like a reward for taking the time and patience to come to our lessons, I definitely think more than one of them learned a thing or two from the topics we taught and it was great how they could practice all they had learned and master their listening, reading and speaking in English! I really can't thank them enough for coming every Thursday and always being really optimistic when it came to them learning new things, we will never forget you, our very first students馃槉


The next day I was able to get my cookie from teacher Orlando, he was so kind to gift all of us cookies since we are wrapping up the semester馃槴


Now for the final reflection, my perspective definitely changed in these last few months, now I can understand the joy one can get from teaching, it is indeed exciting and although I am still not sure that is the path I am going to take I can say that I learned very important tips and very important information overall, from different ways to group our students to random warm up and wrap up activities to different ways we can use our voice when we are teaching, everything I learned this whole year was so precious to me and I am really glad that teacher Orlando was the one to guide us and help us during this course. You are great at what you do teacher and I hope that flame of passion you have for teaching never runs out, thank you for teaching us many many things not only in this course but all the different ones we had throughout the whole major, you will remain as one of the most special teachers I have ever had, thank you so much for everything and take care, bye-bye!馃憢馃挅






Comentarios